Thursday, September 4, 2008

I don't have anything new, so here's something old

Here are some pictures of my old Custom Ti-Titus Racer-X . The best Cross Country MTB I've ever ridden. Although it did handle like a bus through tight hairpin turns. When I make mine I'll go with a 71.5 head angle for my 29'r.

Later I did change the fork to a White Brothers. The WB fork had a Axle to crown dimension 10mm less. Believe it or not the change was noticable, and for the better.






Oh Yea . . . I know your wondering. The bike as you see it came in at 25Lbs on the dot. Not bad for a 29'r. I could still cut weight, but the bike was built to have a comprimise between light weight and reliablity. For instance the stem and post are Thomson. To me Thomson equals peace of mind. a lot of people will say they are over built. So does snapping a stem feel like? I'll just tote around the extra 50 grams and not find out, or at least reduce the risk to a very small posibility.

3 comments:

eforendo said...

I remember that bike... ahh the good ole days - HA! I also remember all the trouble you had-
fork crown clearance, brake issues...

The Unabashed Blogger said...

how do you keep it so clean? I hate washing my bikes. I'm not even good at washing my vehicles. My motorcycle on the other hand...

CurbDestroyer Chronicles said...

Yep. White Bros. forks and CK hubs don't mix.

You'd be amaized how clean you can keep your bike when you own a bike stand and a set of brushes. Not to mention a chain cyclone. and a cassette brush.