Monday, October 11, 2010

On any Sunday, Everyday . . . EVERY . . . DAY

On Any Sunday is a very good documentary. It's a fact, eveybody should see it. I've seen it many times, and it never gets old. This film will motivate you to go out and experience all the thrills life has to offer. Not like a lot of films today, they just seem to motivate you to go out and consume and buy products.



This is Part one, feel free to find the other parts and finish the movie
This film seems to say, hey this is my experience, why don't you come take a look and maybe you can add something to your human experience and development as a person.

This is in contrast to a lot of documentarys or movies that create a character and then sell the audience this character. What I mean is, It just seems to me there are a lot of people out there, who for whatever reason don't go through life as themselves, but as some character the media has sold them on . . . Jennifer Aniston hair anybody?

Excuse me and watch this service anoucment while I go work on my "Abs". . . . Thank You



So it's Halloween
And you feel like dancin'
And you feel like shinin'
And you feel like letting loose

Whatcha gonna be
Babe, you better know
And you better plan
Better plan all day

Better plan all week
Better plan all month
Better plan all year

You're dressed up like a clown
Putting on your act
It's the only time all year
You'll ever admit that

I can see your eyes
I can see your brain
Baby, nothing's changed
[repeat]

You're still hiding in a mask
You take your fun seriously
No, don't blow this year's chance
Tomorrow your mold goes back on

After Halloween

You go to work today
You'll go to work tomorrow
S faced tonight
You'll brag about it for months

Remember what I did
Remember what I was
Back on Halloween

But what's in between
Where are your ideas?
You sit around and dream
For next Halloween

Why not everyday
Are you so afraid
What will people say
[repeat]

After Halloween

Because your role is planned for you
There's nothing you can do
But stop and think it through
But what will the boss say to you

And what will your girlfriend say to you
And the people out on the street they might glare at you
And whadya know you're pretty self-conscious too

So you run back and stuff yourselves in rigid business costumes
Only at night to score is your leather uniform exhumed
Why don't you take your social regulations
And shove 'em up your A
---------
While deciding what seatube angle and saddle setback to give my frame, I came up with a few ideas and modifications for an old frame. Well I need the practice.

On the subject of saddle setback. There are as many ideas as there are people.
First and foremost is KOPS . . . Knee Over Pedal Spindle . . . I think this is a good philosophy. Gravity work up & down, so why shouldn't your knee be above your pedal spindle when it's in the 3' Oclock position?

Then there are those that want to put your center of Gravity above your pedal spindle. Why not? When you lifts weights, particularly the squat. your center of gravity is above your feet.

Then there are the . . . This, That, and the other thing. Personaly I used to have my saddle setback 6cm behind the bottom bracket, but now on every bike I have the rails of my saddle centered. As you know every bike I have has a differe geometry. So I have as many setbacks as bikes. However the height is set at 74cm.

The bikes are ride are setup for specifc purposes, so I've designed my bike to optimize a certain position. and that's why people can't come together on what works. You move around on your saddle. Some people gravitate to the front, some the rear.
There is no magic formula. Everybody is different. You can have two people with identicle measurments, but might fit the bike different . . . I mean how do you measure flexibility. And I don't mean that in just the sense of one can touch his toes, and the other doesn't, I mean this in the sense they will bend differently. . . . they have different postures.
I may opinion is, Start with KOPS, then make modifications, everybody gravitates to efficiency. I've witnessed many examples of this.

Which is the whole point to this entry really. Go out and expereience life and don't let anybody else tell you who you should be, go out and find out who you are. Simple reguard everything as information. Not right or wrong, but as information.
I'm done.

No comments: