Sunday, November 21, 2010

Tales of the Purple Paint


Mmmmmm . . . Donuts. It's my, as well as a lot of others, that Ridgewood has some pretty tasty donuts. Didn't stop today, but I thought I'd just mention it.


Looks like Sugar Creek is ready for the holidays. Since the weather has been so nice, I've almost forgotten it's that time of year. That time of year for being nice and giving thanks, while I guess the rest of the year it's OK to behave like a Yeti. Yes there is some religious aspect the this time of year, but you get my point, It's analogous to there being a health food section in your grocery story . . . Think about it . . . If you not in the "Health Food" section, where are you . . . Think about it.


Talking health food I love Ernies Steakhouse. In Sugar Creek.


This is Cement City Road. It's a flat 3 mile section of road just like this between Sugar Creek and Liberty Bridge running along the Missouri River

Liberty Bridge.

Ahoy! . . .


Hmmmmm . . . Seven Hills Road, bet if you go down Seven Hills Road, you will go up and down seven hill. Gravel hills at that, I wonder what the severity is? . . . It will have to remain a mystery. . . . Beside the Road Closed Sign, See the purple paint on the posts.
According to the Southern Missourian
http://www.semissourian.com/story/1679162.html

"The paint, used on trees or fencing to mark the boundaries of a person's property during deer hunting season, is like a "no trespassing" sign in a court of law. The November portion of deer season begins Saturday and ends Nov. 24 -- 11 days when hunters can take their kill using a firearm. "
-

River market on a cold Saturday morning. Still a lot of good . . . errrr do I mean "Health Food" to be had.
From Farm land to Downtown. (Click if you dare)
-
Ate at Oklahoma Joes BBQ for Lunch, Had the Z-man. BBQ'd Beef Sandwich with Onion-rings and Cheese gluing the works together . . . I highly reccommend it. Sorry No Pic Oppps
-
. . . and then to wash it down . . .
. . . Boulevard Sixth Glass. I'd describe it as a Desert Beer. In other words eat something rich before.
-
One more Pic as I went home . . . Bridges, Can't get enough Bridges in this town.
Blue River US 40 Bridge
http://bridgehunter.com/mo/jackson/blue-river-40/

No comments: