Thursday, October 8, 2015

Crank Brothers m19 Multi-Tool Review


I guess the Crank Brothers m19 Multi-Tool is regarded as a "Mountain Bike" tool, but with more and more road bikes becoming equipped with disc brakes, there is hardly a need to draw that distinction anymore. For "road" you don't need the Torx-10 or Torx-25 wrenchs. The T-10 is for hydraulic brake lever fill bolts, and the T-25 is for rotor bolts. But then there are a few chainring bolt manufactures that make T-25 chainring bolts, so you were not completely out of the woods (pun intended). \
So what do I get?
 
A stainless steel carrying case:
If I've been lucky and had long enough runs without a flat that I've had a tools rub a hole in my spare inner tube in my bag. Well that my conclusion. A carrying case should prevent getting another hole, or using it as an excuse anyway.
 
 
chain tool: 8/9/10/11 speed compatible:
There have been very few times I've needed a chain tool, but When you need one, you got to have one. The first and obvious reason is when your chain breaks, another reason is if you break a derailleur hanger, and need to shorten the chain to make your bike a single speed to get you home.
 
spoke wrench: #0, 1, 2, 3
hex wrenches: #2, 2.5, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8
open wrench: 8mm, 10mm
screwdrivers: phillips #1, phillips #2, flat #2
torx: t-10, t-25
 
...and a lifetime warranty. The Quality of the tools are as good as you are going to get. These tools are not going to damage your components, and the only reason I see that you would replace it is if you lost it.
 



No comments: