Saturday, January 31, 2009

Renegades of Dirt!!!


Who are the Renegades of Dirt? Crusty and I are the Renegades of Dirt. Well at least we were in 2004 and 2005 when we won the RIM (Rapure in Misery) 12-hour DUO Mountain Bike Race.

In 2005 I rode a Bianchi Grizzly to victory. I'm now going to rob the parts off it to put on the frame I just built.


One interesting note. When put in the BB in my new frame, then put on the right crank arm, and put on the left crank arm, only to find the left crank arm pinned against the BB Ring? My immediate reaction is . . . WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat! . . .

Unlike the rest of 99% of mountain bike frames, I guess Bianchi decided to use 68mm bottom brackets on their frames. For those that don't know 68mm is for road, and 73mm is for a MTB . . . typically.

. . . typicaly 73mm for a MTB. So I had to shake down Midwest Cyclery looking for a Square taper 73mm x 12omm Bottom bracket. I found one. . . Yea1
-
Here are some other pictures. "Alex can I take Curvy seatstays and chainstay for $100?"

Hmmmmmm
The DISC Brake tab is intersting .

Yea I'm not sure what to say.

Gotta love the 3rd bottle cage mount. Not that I'd actually use it. The problem for me is it puts the water bottle right behind the front tire, thus catching all the dirt, mud, & What-not from the front tire. However it make a good place to mount a Blackburn mini pump I guess.
What it's made of. Bianchi Spec'd, Dedaccia, Zero Uno. When it's all said and done, it's a really light frame.

No comments: