Sunday, November 15, 2009

Ohhhhhhhh Boy!

This is the BMX track in Blue Springs. First off you will notice the first straight is pave. Kinda takes the "D"(Dirt) out of B.M.X. . . . but I guess Dirt (D.) isn't in B.M.X. so maybe they can pave it. Some tracks also pave the turns now. Just call me Old School I guess.

-
This is the first turn. Like I've said before. I think it would be fun to make a dirt velodrome. This turn we give you the sensation of speed.

-
Am I learning, or relearning skills? . . . This is the first jump coming out of the first turn. I think they are 28 feet apart. They are too tall to speed jump, so you just gotta sail as far as you can. If you can land on the backside of them and get a crank or two in this will set up up nice for the next set. But nevermind that, you have to get the first set down first. A couple of times I about cleared the backside . . . Can you say ouch!. I mean you would think the problem would be going far enough.

-
2nd Straight


-
2nd turn

-
3rd and 4th Straight.

It certainly has been a challenge relearning some of my old skill and learning some new ones. Hopefully this week I'll get to order my tube set for the BMX frame I'm going to build. I'll have to dust the cobwebs off with a few practice pieces first. Well if anything will test the integrity of your frame building skill, it will be the BMX track test. Especially someone like me who is not smooth at all right now.
-
See Ya Next week.

No comments: