Saturday, January 30, 2010

Where were we?

Chainstays....That's where we were. The only way to start out is with a layout. I knew going in that I'm going to have to manipulate the chainstays. Marked on the board is the bottom bracket, Chainring clearance for a 45. Crank arm clearance for 185mm cranks, 1.95 wide BMX tire. Now I was going to say 120mm rear dropout spacing, but I've just noticed that I centered the chainstays at 120mm. And as you all know 120mm is the inside spacing. So it looks like I'm going to have to re draw it all over . . . not that I already didn't have to. Supertherm chainstays are 14-1/4" long. Add 3/4" for 1/2 the bottom bracket shell, and 1/2" for the breeze style bottom bracket. That's 15-1/2" total and I haven't even mitered the ends of the tube. The plan was for 15-1/2". Well back to the drawing board.



No comments: