Thursday, January 21, 2010

Bra-assssss

Oppps, deleted the picutes I had of the brazing pre filing, but here are some after a couple rounds. After not brazing for a while, it didn't take long to re-learn everything, and gain some more experience. Can't wait till the next frame. Anybody can braze, but if your really good, you can braze, and not leave yourself a lot of cleanup work with the files and sand paper.
-
Here is the headtube cut and ready for some facing and chasing. Next time I'm going to give myself 12mm between the top of the top tube, and top of the head tube. instead of 10mm

Usually when I get to the filing part, I ask myself why I got myself into this mess. This time it took me about 1/2 as long, and I think next time I can even cut more time. The toptube/seat tube I did last. And I almost didn't need to file it.

-
For some reason I started with the Bottom Bracket. I think a normal person would have chose a less complicated joint to make a comeback on, but if you know me, I'm not one to back down from a challenge. Not too bad. I'd even say it's one of my best.

Like I said before. I think frames spec'd with 1-1/2" downtubes are a little over built. We'll see. I think you will get less frame flex with the 1-1/2" tube vs. a 1-3/8". That's just physics. But before any of those tube flex. I most your measurable flex is going to come from your tires and wheels. This Supertherm tubing is some tough stuff.

No comments: