Sunday, July 18, 2010

Entry

Why we ride.

We ride for the different perspectives the view from the saddle can give us. Sometimes the view presents us with a puzzle or optical illusion of sorts.
-


Sometimes it can throw us back to a different time
-

Sometimes it just captures or curiousitys
-
I saw this today.
It's a SE fixed gear bike with woodgrain finish. Officialy know as the Lager -Wood Grain I had two people walking behind me comment about how they like the finish. That toptube pad has a zipper
-

Heres a close up. I think anybody could emulate this. I'm not sure what to think. One one side I expected it to be more high-tech, but then I kind of like the primative method they used
(Guess I need to trim that cable some . . . Oppps)
-

Seat with Woodgrain effect.
-

Viw from the cockpit. I might have to setup my bike with pursuit bars. It's kind fun.
-
You never know what you'll find at Midwest Cyclery

How about this.
-

That "this" has to do with this "this"
-
. A set of Campitello, fur lined, winter cycling shoes.
-

Back in the day cycling shoes had wood soles.
-

and cleats used to look like this.
-
You had one bolt that would maintain the cleat's position, then you would nail/tack the cleat to the bottom of the shoe. That's right, better get it right.

No comments: