Friday, July 9, 2010

Trolleys and Folleys

Trolleys
I decided to take the trolley trail into work today. The trolley trail starts in the Dodson Industrail District. About 85th and Prospect is a bar called What's Happen'n Lounge. Just to the Left you will see the start to the Trolley Trail.
The trail is 6.5 miles long and ends in the Plaza. There are different zones. I didn't see an explanation, about how the zones are defined, but I'll assume . . . Yep ASS u ME, the zones go from Green, Yellow, Orange, to Red.
-

This is the Orange Zone. Perhaps the Order of Orange ride these parts.
-
It's a nice route. I like it a lot. Lot of interesting stuff to see. The ride seems longer than 6.5 miles.
-

Yellow Zone . . . Also it's a cell phone zone. Will I be getting a call from Ed McMahan reguarding my publisher clearing house prize.
-

Red Zone? I'm not sure why this would be reguarded as a red zone. Just to the right is BB's Lawnside Barbeque. If you get a chance to eat there, I highly recommend it.
-
Hmmm Made it to the Green Zone
-
It's like the All Seeing Eye . . . but not!
-

When the trail enters Waldo is where the trail switches from pavement to fine gravel.
-
. . . and where it ends.

The Plaza.


-
Up Main Street to 39th and I'm at MidWest Cyclery

-
The top floor of the building across the street has always caught my interest.

-
-
Folleys
Sign Say Bridge Out, didn't see anything about crossing anyway you can . . . Bridge Schmidge

-
Getting down to the bottom was easy enough.
-
Am I headed for a meeting with a contemporary version of the Seven Blocks of Granite, the Four Blocks of Granite?
-

Telephone pole . . . That's one way up.
-

I think is see my line.
-
Ahhh . . . One of the virtues of the fixed gear bicycle. No derailleurs to mess up. It's the perfect hiking bike.
-

In the rain this is a bit too steep to be climbing in cycling shoes as well as carrying a bike up. However I can perch my bike up far enough to get it where once I'm on top, I can then reach down, anf then pull it up.
-

To the telephone pole we go.
-

We're Up
-

Bike's not . . . Arrrgh . . . bar tape and seat in the mud.
-

Here it's just a matter of hitching the bike while get out from under the pole.
-

Success!

1 comment:

Meetzorp said...

I particularly enjoy your watermelon-esque paint job.

Also your creative route to work. I've yet to have to winch my bike up a cliff to get to where I'm going.