Thursday, August 19, 2010

Indian Monsoon Malbar

Indian Monsoon Malabar is my favorite coffee. Get it when you can, and while you can, because I find it's not always available. I've been able to get it at both Broadway Cafe, and Benetti's Coffee Experience.

If you didn't feel like going to the hyperlinks, in short, the coffee beans are exposed to the monsoon winds for 3 to 4 months in India, causing the beans to lose their acidity, resulting in a sweet and syrupy brew basically.
-


It's also a lot lighter roast than a lot of other coffees. The result is also a more caffeinated cup of coffee. I know a lot of people believe that the stronger tasting dark roasts have more, but one method to decaffinating coffee is to roast the beans till the caffeine is burned out. So it's only logical; the darker the roast, the less caffeine. Not that caffeine is important, I just thought it was worth mentioning.
-
From time to time I do like the volume turned up on the pure coffee flavor. However it's hard to compare Indian Monsooned Malabar to other coffees. I say this because I drink dark roasted coffees with Half&Half most the time, and I don't usually ever add anything to Indian monsooned Malabar.

No comments: