Monday, December 20, 2010

Creep'n While You Sleep'n

5:30am and it's 34 degrees outside. After last week when it was 5 degrees this seems like a summer day. Actually after I started getting a sweat going there seemed to be a humidity to the air, reminiscent of a spring morning before a rain.

This is why we ride. You can be in a place you have been many times, but everytime is a different experience.


-

I guess this is the Shoe Tree. Once again Swope Park reveals itself. I wonder if some day it will collapes due to having too many shoes thrown upon it.
-

Swope Trails. The trail is dry, and littered with rocks. It was like someone sprinkled these rocks throughout the trail. This trail always challenges me. Finesse is always the key. It would be interesting to have a time trial out here. I suspect Brute Force would not win the day.
-
How about an old Suntour 2 speed deraileur. Totally NOS. I've been temped to build up something using it, but it's in pristine condition.
The Suntour, Holeshot BMX derailleur was actuated by a brake lever. On the gate you would hold the break lever in, then after a couple cranks out, you would release the lever putting the bike into high gear. I never used one. I suspect it over complicates things, plus you have to shift under full power.
-

I will light the match this mornin', so I won't be alone
Watch as she lies silent, for soon light will be gone
Oh, I will stand arms outstretched, pretend I'm free to roam
Oh, I will make my way, through, one more day in Hell...
How much difference does it make
How much difference does it make, yeah...
-
I will hold the candle till it burns up my arm
Oh, I'll keep takin' punches until their will grows tired
Oh, I will stare the sun down until my eyes go blind
Hey, I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind
How much difference does it make
Mmm, how much difference does it make..how much difference...
-
I'll swallow poison, until I grow immune
I will scream my lungs out till it fills this room
How much difference (2x)
How much difference does it make (2x)

No comments: