Tuesday, March 6, 2012

What's new?

Been busy being busy. Hopfully I'll get on track with the road frame soon.

However I have been finding time to sneek in a few rides on the MTB.


I'm not going to say I have better luck either way. I was riding up the street when some debris with my back wheel, and popped my tire. I looked back and there were 2 razor blades. Did 2 razor blades blow from the side of the road right into my tire? Don't know, either way I've got a flat tire.

Not a lot a spare tube can do in this situation. Because if you put in a tube, and air it up, the tube will come right through that hole. To prevent the tube from going through the hole, you can put a dollar bill inside the tire over the hole. The dollar bill is strong enough the prevent the tube from poking through. Depending on the size of the hole, you might need to protect the dollar bill from the road. So you need to take the old tube and cut strip covering the hole, and covering the dollar bill.

That looks like the inner tube is poking through, but that just the old inner tube strips. under neither is the dollar bill that is holding the tube in. Yea it's not perfect, but it made it 8 miles home, and maintained 90psi.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Need some new tires CD. :)