Monday, February 25, 2013

The training Outline, determining the long ride of the week.

To survive a long ride you should build up to 2/3 to 3/4 of the distance of the event. For example, when training for a 100 mile ride, your longest ride should be 67 to 70 miles". They also say you should add 5 to 10 miles every week, but I don't have time for that. I'm going with 15. I figure I can ride 35mile, so I  will start there and see how it goes. The long ride in my weekly schedule will be on either Saturday or Sunday.
 
So here is my plan for my weekend long distance ride.
March 2nd/3rd  35mi
March 9th/10th: 50mi
March 16th/17thth: 64mi
March 24th: 85miles
 
Training for NAFDR will be a little different. It's been a long time since I've based training off distance. I have been doing time based traing because time is what matters. You can ride 24Mph with a good wind at you back, or 12 Mph into a headwind. Riding for 2 hours into a headwind averaging 12Mph is a lot harder than 24 with the wind at your back.
 
With that said and the potential for a foot of snow this might be a problem. I probably should have gotten up early this morning and taken full advantage of the weather.

No comments: