Saturday, December 8, 2012

The ASSembly

You never know if it's going to work until it's assembled. The frame has 410cm chainstays. It's a around standard length for road bikes. With the plug style dropout I had to cut them back till the inside diameter was large enough you me to get the plug in. If I remember right this was about as long as I could get them without a lot of hassle.

Anyway when you add the skewer and rear deraileur the rear wheel drops out a little differently.
It should not be a problem with the chainstay length, but where you put the chainstay brace.



The rear wheel doesn't drop straight down. as you see above when the quick release and rear deraileur have to pass each other, you get this. The rear tire hits the brace a bit.









So cut a contour in the brace, then cover it with sheet metal, and there you go....clearance.

I wonder what other surprises await.

No comments: