Friday, March 18, 2011

The tubing is in the house

Went to Airparts and picked up my tubing. Straight Guage 4130. Believe it or not the cost was a little more than what I could have gotten a bicycle specific, double Butted 4130 tubset, from Nova Cycle. However I have a case of the "I Want It Nows".

Yea that Double Butted frame may weight a little less, but the thing you have to remember is you have to propel your bicycle + yourself. What precentage is 1lb of the 190Lbs. A little more than 1/2 a percent. I throw weight out the window, it's ride quality that makes the difference. I will say those nice heat treated tubing give a lot better ride quality than 4130. Ever ride a Colnago, Master Light . . Yea that frameset's got it going on.


Plus I get to go rummage though the bins for tool, parts, and other gadgetry. Have you ever need a part that would go like . . . Yea they might have it.


These look interesting.


packed up and ready to go. Funny enough my next stop was Metal by the Foot for hole saws. I could have went there for my tubing, but they don't carry 1-3/8" tubing. They jump from 1-1/4" to 1-1/2" Then Praxair on Holmes for Flux, they used to be Kirk Welding.

No comments: